Gizzi is in Israel! collaborating with the incredible Michal Ansky – a well known Israeli restaurateur and food activist. They’re making a delicious chicken shawarma salad, a healthy twist on a street food classic.
Michal’s amazing Brunch http://bit.ly/1MVKNf4
• 4 BONELESS CHICKEN THIGHS
• 1 CUP COOKED WHITE RICE
• 2 LEMONS
• ONE LARGE RED ONION, SLICED INTO THIN RINGS
• HALF A BUNCH OF PARSLEY LEAVES, SEPARATED FROM STEMS
• HOT GREEN PEPPER
• 1 TSP TURMERIC
• 1 TSP SWEET OR HOT PAPRIKA (ACCORDING TO PREFERENCE)
• 1 TSP CUMIN
• 4 TBSP OLIVE OIL
• 1/2 TSP SALT
• BLACK PEPPER
1. PLACE ALL MARINADE INGREDIENTS IN LARGE BOWL, AND SOAK CHICKEN THIGHS FOR AT LEAST 30 MINUTES IN THE REFRIGERATOR. IN THE MEANTIME, PREPARE THE RICE.
2. JUICE BOTH LEMONS. SOAK THE RED ONION RINGS IN THE LEMON TO SOFTEN IT AND RELEASE ITS TANG. FRY THE CHICKEN THIGHS IN A PAN UNTIL THEY ARE BROWN ON BOTH SIDES. SLICE THEM INTO THIN CRUMBLY PIECES, LIKE SHAWARMA.
3. TO THE ONION AND LEMON JUICE, ADD PARSLEY, SLICES OF HOT PEPPER AND RICE. SALT AND STIR WELL. SCATTER THE SHAWARMA ON TOP AND MIX SO THAT IT TOO ABSORBS THE LEMONY TASTE.
4. SERVE IMMEDIATELY, OR SERVE COLD.
Endemol and its producers are not responsible for the outcome of any recipe you try from this video and do not provide any assurances nor accept any responsibility or liability with regard to their originality quality or safety. If you try this at home, there may be different results depending on ingredients, cooking temperatures, typos, errors, omissions, or individual cooking ability. Be careful when cooking with raw ingredients such as eggs, chicken or fish and seek expert advice if you are unsure. Always take care when using sharp knives or other cooking implements and make sure you don’t burn yourself or others while cooking. You should be fully aware of and accurately advise others of the presence of substances which might provoke an adverse reaction in some consumers. If you are under 16 please seek permission from a parent or guardian before attempting this recipe at home.